Julie Travis MossAttorney, Of Counsel with the Firm
Julie Travis Moss’ practice areas include estate and trust administration, guardianships and conservatorships, estate planning, real estate, and related litigation. She also advises closely held business owners regarding general corporate matters. Julie has more than 22 years of diverse legal experience, including ten years as a general practitioner in Michigan and teaching legal writing at Vanderbilt Law School. With her depth of experience, Julie provides comprehensive services to meet our clients’ diverse needs. And with her depth of understanding of family relationships and dynamics, Julie is able to work with our clients to resolve their most difficult and complex matters.
Julie earned her B.A. degree from the University of Michigan and her J.D. degree from Loyola University Chicago. She is licensed to practice in the states of Tennessee, Michigan and Illinois (inactive) and is also admitted to practice before the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals and the United States District Courts for the Middle District of Tennessee, the Western District of Michigan, and the Northern District of Illinois.
Julie speaks frequently on estate planning, administration, and litigation topics and she is a member of the Nashville Bar Association’s probate and estate planning committees.
J.D., Loyola University Chicago
B.A., University of Michigan
Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals
United States District Courts for the Middle District of Tennessee
Western District of Michigan
Northern District of Illinois
Nashville Bar Association’s
- National Business Institute’s Estate Administration from Start to Finish, Commencement of Proceedings and Information Gathering and Initial Steps to the Estate Administration Process (November 2014)
- Tennessee Attorneys Memo, Probate Case Law and Legislative Update (June 2016)
- National Business Institute’s Estate Planning from A-Z, Client Screening and Intake and Key Elements of Effective Wills (June 2016)
- Tennessee Attorneys Memo’s Probate and Estate Planning Conference, Client Screening and Intake (October and December 2016)
- National Business Institute’s Step-by-Step Guide to Drafting Wills and Trusts, Key Elements of Effecive Wills and Ethics (March 2017)
- Davidson County Foster Care Review Board (2013 – 2015)
- Tennessee Justice for Our Neighbors (pro bono legal volunteer for Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, 2012-2013)
- Ionia County Economic Alliance (Past Chair; Board of Directors 2005 - 2010)
- Portland Area Chamber of Commerce (Past-President, Board of Directors 2003-2007).